Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

Farmhouse Style Coat Hanger - Pallet Wood

In this post I will show you how I made a farmhouse style coat hanger with cubby holes.


This reclaimed pallet wood project is relatively simple to make with no fancy joinery or woodworking skills need. 

Making a farmhouse style coat hook hanger
Farmhouse coat hanger
I started by cleaning up the pallet wood and removing all the nails.  I prepared the wood by planing and sanding.  (Pallet wood used was 4 x 1 inch)

Removing nails from pallet wood
Removing nails from reclaimed pallet wood
Prep Pallet wood planing sanding
Cleaning up reclaimed pallet wood
There are four members in my family so we had a hook and cubby hole each.

Next I cut the pallet wood planks to length for the backboard and connected using PVA glue and dowels.  (30 x 16 inch)

Back board connected with PVA, dowels and clamped
Back board planks
 When I waited for the backboard to dry I made a start on the shelf and cubby hole section.

Making the shelf and cubby holes
Coat hanger shelf and cubby hole
Once the backboard was dry and the shelf done I attached them both.

Making a coat hanger
Coat hanger project
 I gave it a coat of Danish oil and evenly spaced out the hooks and screwed them in place.

Screwing the coat hooks to backboard
Attaching coat hooks
To finish I mounted to the wall.

Farmhouse coat hanger
Farmhouse coat hanger
Jobs a gooden... 

No comments:

Post a Comment