Pages

Saturday 11 April 2015

Making a Rustic Jewellery/Trinket Box from Reclaimed Pallet Wood

Here's an awesome reclaimed pallet wood project to try.  Watch me make a rustic shabby chic jewelry jewellery trinket box with three drawers.
This pallet wood project was real simple to make.  First I cleaned up all my reclaimed pallet wood and cut to length (4 x 8"). 

No fancy joinery just half lap, then I made the dado cuts with the router for the middle shelf and wall (see image).

I then added the back and started work on the draws.  I used MDF for the main body of the drawers.

Finished with dark oak stain and duck egg blue paint, added the handles, Danish oil and finally the upholstery tacks.  
Rustic jewellery box from reclaimed pallet wood
Rustic shabby chic jewellery trinket box
Jobs a gooden.

No comments:

Post a Comment